Friday, 17 January 2014

First post!

Well, this is my first post for the CSC148 SLOG. We're two weeks (four lectures, one lab, and one exercise) into the course and so far it has been great. It has been underwhelming for the most part, however, we are beginning to dive into completely new content (such as recursion, which was pretty interesting--I think we're expected to write a SLOG post on that so I will hold back on discussing that for now.) which is really exciting. I've taken the initiative to look ahead in the course by looking at the previous semester and, while I am excited to dive in to CS, I am certainly nervous for the coming weeks! CSC148 seems to be a large step forward compared to 108.

However, that being said, I cannot wait to dive deeper into computer science and develop as a programmer. CSC108 gave me the motivation and skill to develop a website for my fathers business over the winter break -- while the Python I used was pretty minimal (I mostly was learning HTML/CSS/JS/SQL/Google App Engine) the fact that I was able to apply my knowledge was fantastic. So, I am excited to see what 148 will motivate me to strive for!

This is a rather short post, but it is my first, so I don't expect too much content out of this. So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment